The ASIMOV education hardware can measure many wonderful parameters with a high degree of accuracy, however there are limitations to how this system can be and should be used. We provide this list as designers of the ASIMOV to not just inform you, but protect you too. The following are provided as experiments which cannot be conducted with our hardware:
- Real time clocks cannot be used for relativistic experimentation such as Einsteins Theory of Relativity. A large-size atomic clock would need to be used for this, which is not provided.
- The Asimov is not designed be used to detect radiation exposure and there are no radiation-measuring equipment on the device.
- The accelerometer/gyro in orbit will detect net energy change, not effects of gravity on earth. It is useful for measuring active spacecraft movement, not attraction to the planet’s surface.
- Magnetometers cannot be used to accurately measure space weather, unless directly exposed to large flux: Within a spacecraft or space station these effects will not be felt.
- UV/IR sensor must be exposed to direct sunlight to allow for measurements, not inside a sealed unit.
- It is dangerous to expose the Asimov to water directly as there is electricity being used: The moisture sensor should be used to detect atmospheric moisture.